Things I’m waiting for:
- People in the field sites in western Kenya to send me the data I need to actually finish my thesis. They have it – they just can’t upload it to email to me due to poor internet connections. There’s only so many times I can revise the Introduction and Methods sections of the report – I need to actually do the analysis!
- Mid-August to arrive so I can finally have my interview and know whether I will be staying in London for another few years, or moving to Nairobi for a few years (!) and can plan my Super-Awesome 6-week American Adventure in September.
- October, so I can see Simba again
- The day when my legs to stop feeling like Jello when I run more than 4 miles. I have to be able to get through far more than that if I’m going to reach my goal.
- The vegetables in my garden to grow – apparently they don’t like living in Lewisham either
- Serenity Now
- Divine inspiration
- World Peace
What am I doing in the meantime?
- Running 3 times a week including 2 short runs and 1 long run. Up to 5 miles so far. Ran in the Clapham Common 5K this Sunday and finished in 27:48! Am signed up for the London Pride 10K run in a couple weeks and the Oktoberfest Road Race (also a 10K) in Oregon in September.
- Going to a few concerts at the Proms, a huge classical music festival in London
- Trying out Pilates for the first time, and going to Zumba classes
- Cooking an obscene amount of spinach (I’d better be strong to the friggin finish ’cause I sure as hell eats me spinach)
- Meeting up with people for drinks in town far more often than I should
- Spending too much money on clothes
- Obsessively checking my Google Reader for new blog entries, Facebook, and email multiple times a day
- Taking advantage of the 3 weeks that is the English summer where I don’t have to wear a coat
- Trying to enjoy the beauty each day, because life is too short to stress out and make so many plans because they always change anyway to show you something better. Operative word = trying.